Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comment via email by agent automatically added as Internal Comment

Artūrs August 2, 2022

I use Jira service desk cloud solutions, but I have a question about internal commnets replying to Jira ticket from mail.

When I receive email notifications from a Jira service desk application, I reply to that notification from email, my notification in the Jira service desk cloud is like internal, is there a way to fix this? So that when responding to Jira service desk requests, they are internal by default, not public in the Jira service desk project. All users are in a Jira project, can anyone help with advice?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2022

Hello @Artūrs

Thank you for reaching out.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to automatically set comments as internal when adding comments from the email channel as an agent. We created the following feature request to consider this option in the future:

Add ability to set comment via email by agents to Internal Comment 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

A possible workaround for this problem would be to set an automation rule that will restrict the comment as soon as it gets added to the issue. However, there are two things to consider here:

1. The automation might take a second to run after the trigger, so the comment might be visible for one second in the issue
  2. There is no way to define the automation to run when the comment is added through email, so it will consider the comments added through the UI as well. This will require your agents to manually set the comment as public when required after the comment is added.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events