cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comment scheduled on jira

Roberto Miasack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2021

Hi, Community!

Is there any plan to develop the option to schedule user comments? I have not found a ticket for this improvement.

Cheers!

1 answer

0 votes
Jacob Vu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2021

Hi @Roberto Miasack

What's the objective for scheduling user comments here?

Roberto Miasack
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2021

Hi!

Write the comment now and choose the time/date of submission.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2021

I think Jacob was asking why you would want to do this?

Of what possible use is making a comment on an issue at a specific time?  If it's about an issue being left ignored for too long, then a comment isn't a good way to remind people about it, you should be using reporting, escalations or subscriptions to tell people actions are needed.

Roberto Miasack
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2021

For future shipping only. This functionality exists in outlook and slack, for example. Sometimes we are working during non-business hours and we have a response to a ticket, but it's only good to send that response at the next business time. I just have a comment to send, but it's not the best time.

Like # people like this
Nuwan Kanakarathna January 21, 2023

This is really useful for operational management if it can be implemented

marc_pereira January 22, 2023

Yes, I need this. I work with developers in different timezones and I don't want to disturb them during off hours, I could schedule the comment to show for them during their next business morning.

Like Johannes Vanoutrive likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2023

Or you could just make the comments when you feel the need to, and leave it for people to pick up when they're ready.

Announcements about releases, and shipping communications are not what Jira is for, you should be doing them in systems that are able to talk better to a customer.

Some of your customers would be delighted to get told "we did X" as soon as you know you have.  Most won't read it until they're ready.  Scheduling this sort of stuff (in an issue tracker) is (probably totally) pointless, there's no real use-case for it.  Plenty of other good places to do it, of course.

Dhaval Shukal April 25, 2023

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  I agree with you also I think, it would be worth it when following up on tickets.

While maintaining the Formal Etiquette.

Patrick - Canary Apps March 11, 2024

If this post is still relevant in 2024: my team is currently working on an app that allows you to schedule Jira comments - similar to what gmail currently offers. if this sounds interesting to you and you would like to give it a try feel free to reach out to patrick@canary-apps.com 

Like marc_pereira likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events