Column to display when someone has made a comment

CBCC Maintenance July 13, 2021

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way to add a column which shows when someone has made a comment on a job request? (Kinda as an unread feature)

I know I can click the bell in the top right corner to see notifications, but would like a dot or something to display on the job to indicate that someone has made a comment.

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you

Ole

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2021

Hi @CBCC Maintenance

based on what Alex described I checked my Cloud instance and found the "Legacy Automation" already brings a rule like this with it:

grafik.png

It is the first rule "Comment updates reply status".
In case no user (admin) on your instance deleted this rule it should be still there and working.
While there is newer model of Automation, Legacy Automation is still there and works.

With that in mind and assuming the automation is set up correctly or you are ready to insert/adjust it you could simply have a look into Issue Navigator and there specifically at column "status" to see which requests are awaiting responses to customers.

grafik.png

Please also have a look into the great documentation (for Jira Software but JQL queries work the same for Jira Service Management):

You also can work with "Queues" in Jira Service Management. As they are driven by JQL queries also you can see requests that are awaiting feedback to customers perfectly.

I hope this helps to get a first idea on what could be done (please choose the path that works best for your team).

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2021

Hi Ole!

Welcome to the community!

I'll start with the bad news and inform you that what you ask does not exist in JSM.

However, JSM comes with statuses and automations, which you can use in your advantage. E.g. you can have two statuses Waiting for Customer and Waiting for Support. When you will expect something from the customer, then the ticket will have the Waiting for Customer status. When the customer will wait for you (or have made a comment) the status of the ticket can be automatically changed to Waiting For Support, by constructing the right automation.

Then on you queue you can sort them accordingly with the status.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Alex

CBCC Maintenance July 14, 2021

Hi Alex,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Would you be able to explain how I would add the status or Automation to the issue?

Or add status to the filter (which shows Waiting for Support)?

Thank you!

Ole

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events