Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Jira Service Management with SFTP Integration

a_l_khan July 21, 2022

Hi,

I want to configure my Jira Service management (cloud instance) with SFTP, So I can move the file/s from jira ticket to SFTP and vice versa. I found 2-3 plugins in Jira marketplace but It take me out of the Jira so as such I haven't any native Jira plugin to achieve my scenario. I need it for cloud Jira instance with SFTP.

The plugin I have already checked and not fulfil my scenario:

1. https://teamfiles.atlassian.net/

Can you please suggest?

Regards,

Amir

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2022

I am sorry, but your requirement is not clear.  

Jira holds attachments on issues, you can fetch these out by clicking on them in the UI or asking for them over the REST API..

SFTP is a protocol for transferring files between file systems.

Could you explain more about what you're trying to do with SFTP and Jira?

a_l_khan July 22, 2022

Actual goal is to integrate it with an organization's SFTP after whitelisting IPs of Atlassian.

We already have a plugin in Atlassian Gallary by the name of Team Files and is for JIRA Cloud but it does not support SFTP protocol to get access of SFTP within private network/on-prem from JIRA Cloud.

https://teamfiles.atlassian.net/

We are looking for Plugin which can support SFTP protocol and is for JIRA Cloud.

Thanks 

a_l_khan August 19, 2022

Any update on this request

Michael Ziniti August 19, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- The requirement would be to have automation that connects to an on-prem SFTP server to pull a data file (CSV) contain rows of customers to create. This of course involves automation rules both at the start and end of the process but is there a plugin that can support a connection via SFTP protocol to bring data into JSM?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2022

I'm not aware of any app that can do that.

It would probably be better to do it from the outside - when you realise you want to attach a file from your sftp server, have a process that can attach it to the issue by sending it over the REST API to Jira.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events