Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Bulk Tickets in a Project without granting Admin permission

Shamsudeen Jameer March 8, 2024

Hello,

I have a project where tickets get created.  Support-End users sometime received multiple duplicate alerts when our systems generated it.  I would like to grant them bulk permission to select the tickets and close them out all at once instead of just individual ticket.   I checked with my Jira admin and they mentioned only Admin permission is allow which we can't assign to Support-End users.  Is there a way to explicitly grant only the bulk permission access from within Admin permission or another way without giving Support-End users more access they don't need?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2024

Hi!

You don't have to grant Jira admin permission to give someone bulk permission. What you can do is to grant bulk change permission in global permissions - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-global-permissions/

Regards,

Seba

Shamsudeen Jameer March 12, 2024

@Sebastian Krzewiński Thanks for the information.  The steps provided is for a global change which is not what I'm looking for.  Currently we have separate project page and I would only like to apply that bulk permission to a single project page. 

I see the bulk change when searching all issue options
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 5.48.51 PM.png

I don't see the bulk option within project page
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 5.57.43 PM.png

Thanks!

Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2024

Can you add screenshots again? I can't load them.

Shamsudeen Jameer March 13, 2024

Project_Page_Without_Bulk_Options.GIFBulk_change_option.GIF

@Sebastian Krzewiński screenshots uploaded. 

Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 13, 2024

Based on screenshots I see that you are want to have bulk option in JSM Queues. This is not possible. Only place where bulk will be available is in searching issues.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events