Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloning a field with a multi select

Marcus Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2023

We are leveraging the Product Discovery tool with Jira Service management to provide users with a portal to submit feature requests for our team to review. Those feature requests drop into a service desk and then get cloned over. I've been able to get all custom fields cloned except for one which is a multi select. I am using the {{issue.customfield_10217.value}} and it does work if there is only 1 value in the field but not when there is more than one. I have tried removing the commas with just spaces, as well as dashes, but I can't get anything to clone over that has more than 1 value. I have also confirmed values in both projects exactly match, and both are multi-select so I don't think there is a conflict there.

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Marcus Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2023

OK so I figured it out, the field has to be set as an array so I used {{issue.customfield_10217.value.asJsonArray}}

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events