Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clone tickets on a monthly basis automation

Cristian V November 3, 2020

For a Classic software project type, I'm interested in having either some Jira Automation or even a piece of code that I can run on a monthly basis that will duplicate a set of existing tickets.

Ideally, I'll be able to add a text in the new cloned tickets, but just being able to clone them would be more than helpful.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction on how to achieve this?

2 answers

1 vote
Flavien Gache
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2020

Hi Cristian.

To achieve this you could use Automation. Go to your project settings and click on the third tab on the left (Automation).

Then, select a trigger to... well trigger your rule. :) It can be the moment when you create the ticket, the moment the ticket is transitioned etc... Or even a scheduled trigger (ex : every month, do this rule).

After selecting your trigger you can select either a condition ("if my ticket is in status x for example") or directly the clone action (select the action block and the clone ticket option).

I suggest you try the automation rule to get familiar with it before conceiving your final rule. If you have more specific demands I'll be happy to help.

Let me know ;)

Cristian V November 3, 2020

Hi Flavien,

Thanks for the reply! I started looking at the Automation after sending this, will give it a try.

Like Flavien Gache likes this
0 votes

I semi-successfully automatically clone my issues on a daily, weekly or monthly basis - depending on whether the issue has a "dailyrepeating", "weeklyrepeating" and "monthlyrepeating" Label.

You can set the due date of your new issue using something like

{{issue.duedate.plusDays(1)}}

or

{{now.plusDays(1)}}

The problem I have currently is: There is no "clones"/"is cloned by" Link created by Jira/Automation.  THIS SEEMS LIKE A BUG TO ME (I would like it to work like any other clone action).   IS THIS A BUG or a FEATURE??

Khira Niemeier February 27, 2024

How did you manage to clone them? Because i had issues to get the Clone Issue part of the Automation working, if the automation trigger is a Scheduled date.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events