Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat and Call feature or integration in JSM - Skype Alternative

Ilaria November 30, 2021

As a B2B Saas company, we are using JIRA to handle requests and tasks, and Skype to manage chat conversations and calls. Skype is algo good because, being a B2B, we also need sometimes to contact proactively our customers and also use group chats.

The downside is that we can't tranform conversations into tickets even if we want to and also skype is completely lacking of reporting. Therefore I can't track anything.

I am really struggling to find an alternative to Skype (I need to, as we need a better one but mostly it is not integrated in JIRA). 
I am open to external apps integrated in jira or add-ons or feature. 
I really need to be able to have reporting out of the tool and also being able to proactively contact clients if I want to, transofrm conversations to tickets (thats why regular add-ons I found in jira do not fit, as we can't contact users directely, we can only wait for them to start a conversation) and possibly create group chats.

Internally we use microsoft teams but it does not seem a proper tool to use for customer support and also integrations with jira is kind of weak.

I need your help as a community, as I know I have quite specific and peculiar needs being a B2B company (and not B2C, which would be easier in order to find good fits for chats).

Thank you in advance comminuty!

2 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Patrick Schüßler _yasoon_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2021

Hi @Ilaria , 

Thanks for your question. The app Microsoft 365 for Jira may provide the feature you are looking for:

Microsoft 365 for Jira - Outlook Email, Teams, Meetings | Atlassian Marketplace

I can highlight the following features here:

- Create support tickets within Microsoft Teams
- Start a chat with internal or external customers/ colleagues in Jira
- Create a new Jira issue based on channel conversation

Here you find two use case videos: 

Demo: Microsoft 365 for Jira – IT project management use case - YouTube

Demo: Microsoft 365 for Jira – IT service management use case - YouTube

As you can see there are many features, which are useful working with Microsoft 365 and Jira. 

If anything is unclear, feel free to contact me.

Cheers,

Patrick

adithya March 13, 2022

hi @Patrick Schüßler _yasoon_ 

is it possible to show "chat feature" and "Set meeting" on Customer portal JSM ? (when the ticket is submited)

Best Regards,

Adithya Varian

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2022

Hi @adithya 

thanks for reaching out. 
I noticed you already raised a support ticket. I will contact you via the ticket. 

Best, 

Patrick

Like adithya likes this
0 votes
Ilaria November 30, 2021

Hello Patrick, how quick and efficient! Wow! Well, it is really interesting, thank you very much for your help. 
I wanted the video and it has a lot of potencial. 
I will need to study the case, as in our case, we will need a brand new teams instance, as the one we use is open to internal members and it would be more secure to leave it only for internal users. 
I'll check it out, thank you Patrick!

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 30, 2021

Hi @Ilaria

great to hear. Always a pleasure. 

If you have any further questions or if you are interested in a live demo, feel free to get in touch with me: patrick@yasoon.com

Thanks, 

Patrick

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events