Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the request type when ticket is closed

Stefan Schumacher September 5, 2022

Hi community,

we are running a customer project in which the reporting has a heavy focus on the used request type for the Incident and Service Request issue types. Of course, due to human error, it happens that requests are closed with the wrong request type chosen.

After evaluating to bring in a "supervisor override" to reopen closed tickets for project admins, we found out that it is possible for the issue type "[System] Service Request" to change the request type when closed, but not for "[System] Incident".

I checked the workflow (transitions and statuses) but I cannot see a difference. Also these parts of the workflow havent been changed. Is there a reason why there is a difference between these issue types? Or am I just to blnd to see the difference?

This is the error message that appears for closed Incidents:

Request type change.png

Thanks, Stefan

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Samuel Gatica _ServiceRocket_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2022

Hi @Stefan Schumacher 

I have done some internal testing and I was able to update the request type of an [System] Incident,  hence I assume your issue may be due to the request type associated with the issue type.

If the Request Types are not under the same issue type, you will have to move the ticket instead and after that, you will be able to update the Request type.

Regards

Sam

Stefan Schumacher September 5, 2022

Hi @Samuel Gatica _ServiceRocket_ ,

thanks for the reply, but this is not the issue. We have approx. 10 request types attached to each issue types, and of course we only want to change inside the issue category only.

Did you try this on closed issues? Until the state of "resolved" it works properly for both issue types, I just don't see a difference why its only working for one issue type when they are "closed"

Regards,

Stefan

Samuel Gatica _ServiceRocket_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2022

Hi @Stefan Schumacher 

I did try this on the closed issue and both are working as expected.

Check if there is any property added to the Closed status.

Regards

Sam

Stefan Schumacher September 7, 2022

Right, finally got it. [System] Incident had property "jira.issue.editable" set to false.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events