cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the description of a custom fields / aftermath

Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2022

I changed the description for some of my custom fields,to not have a description. What exactly do I need to do , for this to be updated on my request types that use these fields? Not sure what to do next and where. 

I still see the description for the fields I cleared it out on. 

Reindexing.png

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2022

Hi Sierra,

If you're talking about the description when creating a request through the portal, then you need to change it at the request type-level - Project Settings>Request Type>Request Form>Edit or remove "Field help".

Source: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/customize-the-fields-of-a-request-type/

If the description is on the Agent (Project) view, besides the custom field configuration, you should also check the field configuration scheme associated with your issue type/request type. Project Settings>Field>Edit Fields

Source: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-a-field-configuration-scheme/

Please let me know if that helps.

Cheers,

Melo

Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2022

Thank you , yes. 

Like Melo likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events