Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change vs Change request?

Mariano November 23, 2021

Hello! I ran into these two different issue types, which seem to come out of the box with Cloud:

s.png

I tried creating both to see the differences, and there seems to be none. Is it only the icon that changes?

I would like to keep Change and rename it Change request, as the icon differenciates from the subtask, so it will be easier to visually identify it.

I would love to hear your opinion on how to manage change requests in a simple way as well!

Take good care.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2021

@Mariano -

First of all, Jira Software/JSM out of the box doesn't include "Change Request" issue type.  You should check with your other admins to determine if he/she created the issue type by accident.  By default - "Change" issue type is provided via JSM and a custom WF "Change Management workflow for Jira Service Management" associated with it.

My recommendation is for you to delete/not to use the "Change Request" issue type and just use the "Change" issue type.  If "Change Request" is needed, then you can change the name and icon if you have the appropriate permissions.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Thanks for the detailed explanation @Joseph Chung Yin , it was very helpful, thanks!

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2021

@Mariano -

Glad to help.  If you found my reply helpful, please click "Accept Answer" when you have time.

Best, Joseph

2 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 23, 2021

Hi @Mariano,

You can create as many issue types as you want in Jira and you are totally free to name them however you like. That is most likely what happened here. I don't think the second change request came out of the box, as built-in features normally have a description.

As long as your change request is not being used (check by running a simple query: Issuetype = "Change Request"), you can safely remove it.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much @Walter Buggenhout , this helped a lot! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events