Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the Subject of a Customer Notification based type of notification

Nicole Wolf September 12, 2022

Hello

Currently every email notification that comes out of my Jira service project has the same subject line:  Jira Request: ${issue.key} - ${issue.summary}

Is it possible to edit the subject based on the type of notification.  For example: if this ticket is updated:

Subject line should be: UPDATE: Jira Request: ${issue.key} - ${issue.summary}

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Modus Create September 14, 2022

As Frederic wrote, this isn't possible out of the box. However we do support custom subjects if you send emails using our app Notification Assistant for Jira

0 votes
Frederic Chartrand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2022

Hi Nicole,

From my experience you can't change the template of an email sent from the Notification scheme in a cloud environment.

The Notification scheme, accessible only by JIRA admin, can't be changed. You can only add or delete recipients.

Then, there's the Customer Notifications, that are per-project, which can be edited. But there's only a limited amount of triggers (and "An Issue is updated" is not one of those triggers). Also, Customer Notifications can only send notifications to reporters and customers involved in a request. So not a lot of configuration available here.

The last suggestion is to create an automation. You can delete all the recipients of an event in the Notification scheme (let's say Issue updated) and then create an Automation that will run each time an issue is updated and send an email. It is possible to configure the email by using HTML code and smart values.

But, this email will not be exactly the same, visually speaking, as the ones that are send by JIRA from the notification scheme.

Those seems to be your only options for now. I could be wrong and I hope that we'll get more flexibility in the future but for now, automation seems to be the way to go.

Frederic Chartrand

FMX Solutions - Gold Solution Partner

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events