Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change states when all linked issues's statuts are "Done"

Yorick Rahou November 2, 2021

Hi !

I would like to create a automate rule which consist to pass the statut of a sub-task to Done when all the linked issues which are issues of others projects are all Done.

The problem is I don't know what's the event need to be choose.

Thank for your help !

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2021

Hi @Yorick Rahou and welcome to the community!

For inspiration, have a look at the Jira Automation Template Library. It has a lot of sample rules, e.g. related to syncing and linking issues. 

You may take a closer look at this automation rule - which copies status updates across linked issues. In the example, the automation is triggered by a comment that's being added to an issue, but you can obviously replace that with a trigger on issue transition.

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2021

Hello @Yorick Rahou 

Welcome to the community!!

As per your scenario, a sub-task has multiple issues across different projects linked to it and should be moved to status DONE when all of the linked issues are moved to DONE.

For this scenario, the rule can be triggered every time an issue is transitioned to the status Done.

The 'Issue Transitioned' even trigger can be used and then branch out to all linked issues or you can define the specific link type as well.

This will help you define the conditions or move the status of the required ticket.

A sample rule similar to this use case from the Atlassian repository is available here.

Kindly accept the answer if this helps resolve the query.

0 votes
Yorick Rahou November 2, 2021

Thank for your quick answers.

I succeed to create a rule, I post it for those who might be interested in the future.

It's in French version.

Rule.PNG 

Thank for your help !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events