Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change request type workflow

Alejandra González August 20, 2021

Hi,

I need to change the workflow of a specific request type. Is there a way of hiding the request type to avoid any change and create a new one with the new workflow?

I have some questions related to this:

- If i hide the request type, what happens with the reamining ones? can we still finish the workflow? will the reporter have visibility of them despite i hide it?

- if in the other hand, i just change the workflow in bulk for all the request types instead of hiding anything, what are the consequences? what happen with the live / non resolved yet issues?

Thank you

Alejandra

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ashu Tyagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2021

@Alejandra González  I am not sure if i got your question correctly but will try to answer it.

If you want to associate a new workflow with existing request type i am not sure why you want to hide the request type?? Do the changes in Off hours and changes to workflow are not implemented on real time bases first you make all changes to workflow and it is saved as a draft then you publish the draft then only changes will be implemented.

No regarding the consequences if you add a new status in the workflow then existing tickets won't be implemented but if you remove any status which was already present in the workflow then you would need to migrate issues from removed status to some new status.

In case you don't want to touch already created issues then i will suggest either migrate existing issues to another issue type or create a new issuetype for new issues 

Alejandra González August 24, 2021

@ASHU TYAGI thanks for your answer!

Alejandra González September 14, 2021

@ASHU TYAGI 

Regarding this question, im not sure about changing the workflow of a request type. Everytime you create a new request type for the customer portal, you need to choose the workflow associated. Now, i want to change that workflow to an existing one. Is it possible?

Thank you

0 votes
Martin Svensson December 13, 2021

I use Refind for jira to manage my portalsettings and visuallality. From the gui you can set what requestype you want to use. And best of all you can restrict visuallity to specific user or groups.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events