Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🥶 Change Workflow Step Properties

Dario Alarcón March 15, 2024

Hi community, I need from your collaboration.
I have a workflow with an "approval step" status and I need to change the properties but the "Operations" buttons are hidden.
I need to change the property key called "approval.condition.value", but I can't do it. Someone knows the reason?
I have ORG ADMIN permission.

01.png02.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2024

Hello @Dario Alarcón 

It appears that you are in Edit mode for the workflow, so that is not the issue.

I thought I had managed to recreate the issue, but now I can't recreate it again.

One thing I had done when I thought I was in the same scenario was to change to the new editor.

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 4.03.04 PM.png

From the new editor I was able to delete the properties. After that, when I used the original editor the Delete option showed under the Operations column.

Note that you can only add and delete properties. You can't actually edit them.

Dario Alarcón March 16, 2024

Hi @Trudy Claspill 

Thank you very much, you helped me solve the problem 😀
I didn't know Jira had made this modification to edit/remove state properties.

Evaldas August 13, 2024

Sadly, this hasn't worked for me... the new Editor shows "unavailable rule - to edit this rule, open in the old editor":

image.png

and the old editor doesn't allow to delete (in Edit mode):

image.png

some kind of Jira bug? this WF was created from an Atlassian Project template and adjusted a bit (removed "Include Approval step", however re-enabling it changes nothing)

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2024

Hello @Evaldas 

To get maximum visibility in the Community for your issue I recommend that you start a brand new Questions post.

If this current post is relevant to your problem then include a link to this post in your new post.

Also make sure to provide information about the Type of project with which you are working. You can get that information from the Type column on the View All Projects page under the Projects menu.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events