Change Form Value Not Updating

nicolette shaw August 22, 2022

Hi, I am new to JSM and I am currently working on introducing a new change process.

I have a form where I am updating the title(summary) field using automation. 

If I create a log, it shows the new correct value, but after refreshing the change form, it still shows the old value. If I then edit the form, the new value is showing. 

How do I get the title(summary) to display in the form after automation has updated it? 

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

Hi @nicolette shaw and welcome to the community,

Usually the values gets updated after a while (a few seconds). There is no way (currently) to force an auto refresh of the page, after the automation has run.

thank you Alex for the fast response :) It looks like the title displaying at the very top of the form/page is update but the field called title in the advanced form has not changed even after 10 minutes. Although if i edit it is updated? It is very strange (i have refreshed a few times as well)

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

Can you share a screenshot?

This title is from the Forms on the JSM project? Is it connected to a certain field?

so this is the top of the form

image.png

then this is the field displayed in the advanced form section

image.png

and if I edit

image.png

It is a bit weird!!!

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2022

This could probably be a bug. Are you on a company managed project, or a team managed project?

It is a company managed one, and yes I am thinking its so weird!!! But as pretty new to JSM and their automation ws not sure :) 

Really appreciate your time Alex thank you

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2022

Forms (aka ProForms) was acquired by Atlassian April 2021. I believed that they began integrating this app on their infrastructure later on, and I'm not sure that it's fully integrated. A few hiccups and/or things which are not fully integrated might appeared.

Appreciate your time, that helps as was really perplexed on why it was not updating :) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events