Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Author of request depending on the email

John Matrix May 6, 2022

Hi,

we are using Jira Service Management. We are synching the Users/customers from our Azure Active Directory. Everything is working fine so, all Users are logging in with the email adress name.surname@maindomain.com.

Now we have some teams (all in all maybe 25 Users) who are using an different Domain for sending mails because they are working on a different project (name.surname@projectdomain.com). They also have the main domain as an alias (@maindomain.com).

so when they are sending an email to jira they are creating a new user as customer and can't see the created tickets when they are logging in with their synched user (@maindomain.com).

I already did an workaround by automation, where I linked them user by user. Is there a way to create a generel automation or is there an other way where I can eg. say when emails are coming from @projectdomain.com change it to maindomain.com?

We also don't want do add the other domain to it, because the users are using the main domain for all sorts of logins and we don't want to communicate here a different login procedure.

many thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2022

Hi John

I can't think of any automation that would allow you to change just the domain of the user - I think the only way would be as you have done to map each user individually, which could create quite an admin overhead

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events