Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cascading Dropdown Selection

NSDC Support Admin June 6, 2017

Hi Team,

Can we have cascaded drop down in JIRA SD. I mean if I select a value in one drop down, next drop down will populate accordingly. 

Please advise.

Regards

Shreshtha

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

6 votes

Thank you Collin and Jack. 

So to be very precise, if I select Country - India in a drop drop 1, Drop down 2 should populate all states in India, and then if i select Karnataka in drop down 2, Drop down 3 should have all cities in Karnataka. 

So basically nested parent and child relation will work ? 

Regards

Shreshtha

CollinM June 6, 2017

Shreshta,

Yes Parent and Child relation is exacly how it will work.  

Collin

Perfect Many Thanks. Appreciate your quick response. 

Anik June 14, 2019

is the same possible in Jira CLoud? 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2020

Hello @Anik

In Jira Cloud, you have the inbuilt cascading custom field, which provides you with two cascading levels.

Unfortunately, there's no field with more than three cascading levels in both Jira Cloud And Server, although we have feature requests to implement that:

Add 3+ level cascading custom field type - Jira Cloud

Add 3+ level cascading custom field type - Jira Server 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

0 votes
CollinM June 6, 2017

Hey Shreshtha,

The below screenshot is the field you'd want to use most likely.  After selecting Multi-Level Cascading Select you'll give the new field a name and have the ability to add your first level options.  After clicking create, find the field again and click the cog icon --> configure.  You'll then be able to add additional cascading lists to your first level options.  

If your questions is more about automation, such as reporter is Collin --> auto populate contact information please let me know as the native fields don't have this ability.

Snip 2017-06-06 09.58.47.png

ckgauro June 19, 2018

Hey Collin,
I did not find "Multi-level cascading select field" in the custom field in Jira V7.2.7. Should I need to install any plugin? Please help me.

Venkateswara Kumar November 21, 2018

Hi Collin,

I couldn't find any  "Multi-level cascading select field" in custom field section,could you please suggest me , how to get this option ? 

samira malekpour December 2, 2018

Hi @Venkateswara Kumar

it is Multi-level cascading select plugin

you can get it from marketplace

but the cascading custom field could't show in the SD Portal :((

Like Venkateswara Kumar likes this
Venkateswara Kumar December 2, 2018

Thanks samira for your reply.

Like Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_ likes this
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2021

Thank you @Michael Blake for mentioned our app! Yes, it's finally available on the Atlassian Marketplace :)

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2017

Yes. Just add a custom field of type Select List (cascading).

Shawn Barbat April 16, 2019

I have heard using this  cascading feature plugin wont have good results syncing to MySQL database,  is this true?

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events