Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cascading (Dependent drop-down fields) in Team Managed projects

Peter Ogden August 4, 2021

While searching the Jira Service Management documentation for a completely unrelated item, I stumbled across a recently updated document that says that one of the available types of custom fields for Team-managed projects is the "Dependent dropdown field". I don't (yet) see this custom field type listed in our cloud instance. Is this something that is about to be released, or is this an error in the document and this field type is only available in Company-managed projects?

We have a number of Team-managed projects that might benefit from this custom field if it is to be made available for Team-managed projects. If it is about to be released, when are we likely to see it?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Ogden November 9, 2021

Answering my own post... I lodged a support request regarding this and got the following answer from them:

Thanks for reaching out to Atlassian Support! My name is Mohamed, and I will be assisting you with this case.

I can understand that you are asking about the ability to add Dependent dropdown field in you next gen projects.

Unfortunately this field is still not available at the next gen projects.
I am sorry about the confusion happened because of the document, I have sent to the responsible team to edit it.

I also want to let you know that there is a suggestion about this feature to be added to the next gen projects.

You can check the link below for the suggestion

I hope this works for you, please let me know if any further support is needed from my side.

Torin Heavyside November 10, 2021

Hmm. I also put in a support request and heard back today that it is being rolled out this week. 

From Atlassian support: "We are currently rolling out the Dependent dropdown fields in Team-managed projects, the expected start date for this rollout is November 12th, however, it's going to be released to our customers gradually."

Like Peter Ogden likes this
Harry McKechnie March 13, 2022

Any update on this?

James Childs March 21, 2022

Hi, the Dependent dropdown is available in Team Managed Projects.

Navigate to Issue Types in Project Settings.

The Dependent dropdown option is available in the Create a field section.

Thanks,

James

Brijesh Pathak April 7, 2022

Is this available in company managed projects?

Thanks

Laurel Dettman May 3, 2022

I'm looking for the same answer.  Is this field available in company managed projects?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events