Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant order by custom field in a Queue

Saúl Pinilla May 25, 2021

Hello, why cant I sort by custom field "CODIGO DE PRODUCTO" in the queues?

thanks

codigo pto.jpg

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2021

The usual problem with this is that the custom field does not have a "searcher" applied to it, so it can't be indexed.

Check Admin -> Issues -> custom fields, find CODIGO DE PRODUCTO on the list and click Edit next to it, you'll be able to see the name, description and searcher for it.  Select a searcher for it and then re-index the projects using it, or run a full re-index

0 votes

It was already selected... but thanks anyway

0 votes

Hi NIC, 

thanks for your prompt reply!

I dont know if I am finding the right menu...

I can see this

campo.jpg

But when I click Edit, only have these options...

edit.jpg

Cant see SEARCHER anywhere... :(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2021

That's the field configuration, not the custom field definition.  You need to go to the list of custom fields, not the field configuration for the project.

Is this the screen?

campo2.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2021

Yes, that's the searcher.

sergio.peschiera August 2, 2022

Hello Nic, I've done this but I cannot find the field I'm looking for. Is it possible that it only shows the custom fields for company-based projects? Otherwise, any ideas about why I can't find this particular field in the config?

Like Steve Cutajar likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2022

You are right, fields in Team-managed projects only exist for their project, and they're not configurable with searchers.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events