Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant change the Service Project Information name or introduction text

Jamie Brine November 16, 2021

Hello, My company has recently changed name and I need to change the Name of our Project and also edit the introduction text as this includes the name of the old company.

I have followed all the instructions I can see on here but when I get to the Portal Settings page and go to the Service Project Information I can see the Project name and introduction text detail but don't have the option to edit them.

My role is full admin for our account and also I am the lead for this project.

Any help on this would be much appriciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2021

Hello @Jamie Brine,

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

On Jira Service Management projects there are two places where we can change the project’s name. One is visible internally for the admins and agents and the other is what appears for the customer in the portal.

The project name and introduction need to be changed directly from the project settings and not the portal.

As a project administrator, go to Project settings > Portal settings (company-managed) or Project settings > Channels > Customer portal (team-managed).

On this page, you can change the project’s name, introduction, and logo.

Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 13.32.00.png

If you also use Language support to translate the portal, you may also check each language to change the project name and introduction on the “Portal content”.

Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 13.33.39.png

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders