Cannot specify 'Emailed Request' as a Service Request Issue type (its stuck as 'Emailed request'

David Meyer August 19, 2020

When I started there was a project without an 'Emailed request' Issue type, and we get emails built as a Service Request.

I created a new project, assigned the same workflows, but the 'Emailed request' Issue type is set and I cannot change it as described here (no other request types offered):
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/choose-a-request-type-for-email-requests/

under the new project/Workflows:
'Emailed request' is assigned "default Jira workflow" (read only) as part of the Workflow Scheme, but in old project/Workflows it does not show the 'Emailed request' issue type.

Then I used: Issues/Modify Issue Type Scheme (new project) and removed the 'Emailed request' issue type (left column to right column). It asked what issue type I wanted to use for "Emailed Request" (request type) and "migrated" the current tickets (there were none), and the Issue Type scheme for the new project now looked the same as the old project.

When I went to the new project/Email Requests (per Doc) I was not offered the 'Service Request' - it was still stuck on "Emailed request', and when I looked at the /Request Types/'Hidden from portal' group - that request was in a permanent state: "update request type (because that Issue Type is no longer valid per the Issue type scheme).

I cannot delete and rebuild the Emailed Request.
Putting that issue type back just goes back to where I started.

How do I get rid of the"Emailed Request" issue type in the new project so I can then be able to assign the Service Request to emails (as described in the Doc)?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events