Cannot create automation rule for my project

Guillaume Gaudonville February 17, 2022

Hello,

I'm currently using the Cloud free Jira Service Management and try to set it up before migrating our teams to this new tool. I'm clearly a newbie with Jira.

I want to create an automation rule that will update a custom field when the issue is created. The goal is to compute an URL based on the issue ID.

After creating, a new automation rule for my project, I'm trying to publish it and I have the following error:

"

There was a problem retrieving permissions from your Jira instance. Please try publishing this rule again.

"

I can retry and retry again I always have the same error and the rule is not published.

The exact same rule can be added as a gloabal automation rule but it does not get executed for my project. If I try to change the scope of this rule from the global automation rule screen to the scope of my project I get the exact same error above.

Any solution?

Thank you,

Guillaume

3 answers

0 votes
Brandon Thomas March 27, 2022

We are also experiencing this issue. There was a problem retrieving permissions from your Jira instance. Please try publishing this rule again.

I have checked permissions and I have sufficient privileges to do the automation setup

0 votes
Guillaume Gaudonville February 22, 2022

Hi David,

Unfortunately it was not. I'm discussing with Atlassian to get support on this.

Best regards,

Guillaume

0 votes
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2022

@Guillaume Gaudonville 

Have you already checked the permissions schemes for your project?

Do the following:

Access the project settings and click on "People", add your user in the project role "administrators".

Then go back in the project settings and see "Permissions", ensure that the project role "administrators" and "addons" are included in "browse project" and in "Edit issue".

If this is corrected, please bring us a screenshot of your automation framework for us to evaluate.

Guillaume Gaudonville February 18, 2022

Hi Fernando,

My user has already the project role administrators. Role administrators is already included in "browse project" and "Edit issue".

By the way, I did not modify the permission scheme for my project, so it is inherited from the default "demo" project created when I started to play with Jira service management.

Please find attached the screenshot. Here I'm trying to add the automation rule from the global automation screen with a scope limited to my project. Same happens when trying to add an automation rule directly from my project's automation screen.

Thank you,2022-02-18_11-08.png

Like Lakshyajeet Swami likes this
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2022

In this case, I recommend that you contact Atlassian support to evaluate.

If your user has all the profiles and permissions, this error seems to be a bug of the system not recognizing your permissions.

The support ticket you can open here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Thank you Fernando.

Unfortunately while I'm still on the Cloud free version I cannot open support request.

Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2022

Can you verify if this behavior is repeated in another project?

If it doesn't happen in another project, you can create a new project by copying the structure of the current one, so you don't lose all the details.

Yes same problem. I contacted the support to extend my free trial and talk to them about the issue, I'll see what they can do.

Thank you very much for your help.

Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2022

You're welcome! I hope they can get this resolved soon. Have a good day

David Hopkins February 22, 2022

Hi Fernando,

I am having a similar issue with automations I migrated from one instance to another. Was your issue resolved and if yes, how?

Thanks!

Lakshyajeet Swami September 8, 2022

Hi David,

I too am having this issue with automation, I too migrated from one instance to another. 

Have you got any answer, David? was the problem for u resolved? If yes can u Guide me?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events