Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access ADMIN functions

Anurag Vaishnav October 31, 2022

I am the admin for our Jira Service Management but when I try to do any Admin related tasks it is displaying me the message as below:

You need permission

Request access from your administrator.

This only happens to me today (have not used admin tasks for some weeks). I am not sure who to contact and who is the admin? I was the only admin for our organization. 

regards

Anurag

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2022

Hi @Anurag Vaishnav 

If you are seeing this message, then you are not a jira admin. Someone must have revoke your access :/

Are you on a paid plan, or a free plan?

Anurag Vaishnav January 30, 2023

Hi Alex

My apology for very late reply. 

1. We are on a paid plan (cloud).

2. I am the only admin so not sure who revoked my access?

Anurag

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2023

You can not be the only admin - it's not possible to remove the last admin from the list of admins.  You have had your access removed, so there is another admin somewhere, you'll need to find them and get them to grant your access back.

Who is your site admin?  Not just the Jira admin (a site admin is a different role)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events