Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Change the Sender's Name of the Service Management Notifications

Ray Moriya December 7, 2022

I updated Name in Portal settings to change email sender's name a few weeks ago by following the instruction on this knowledge base article, but my change still has not been reflected on a recepient email. How can I update sender's name in email notifications? 

JiraServiceManagementEmailName02.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2022

@Ray Moriya Whos email is that? What email are you using?  Have you checked the email headers to see if the email is being sent from Atlassian with the incorrect name or if the name is being associated with the email because it has the contact setup that way and is associated with the account?

Marcell Béli June 19, 2023

Hy, I face the similar problem. I just tested the behavior with a fully new portal customer mail address - no contact history with Jira Service Managemenet. The portal name was changed yesterday, but the email sender name from the project remain the old. I checked the header, and the received message "From:" contains the old name. Any guess to check?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2023

@Marcell Béli can you share some screenshots and the steps of what you are trying to change?

Marcell Béli June 22, 2023

@Brant Schroedersure, sorry for the delay. I modified the project and portal name from HRAPP to InFoRm. It was successfully modified everywhere, only the sender email name was stucked (sorry for the Hungarian UI, I hope it is understandable for the case):

sender_name_jira.png

Originally it was modified last week. On 19th, I updated the portal name to something else, and back again, but the sender name was not affected at all.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2023

@Marcell Béli What you did is correct.  That is how you change the name.   Have you raised an official support issue with Atlassian?

@Brant SchroederUnfortunately no, I'm on free plan and if I understand correctly, on free plan I'm not allowed to capture bug, only community help available. Or have I misread something?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2023

@Marcell Béli Let me escalate it here for you then.

@Brant SchroederThank you very much!

Marcell Béli July 30, 2023

@Brant Schroeder Do you have any update on this topic? Or if you captured a support issue, can you share the number of it and then I can check the progress myself if any happens.

Thanks in advance!

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 30, 2023

I don't.  I see that Atlassian did not respond let me try escalating it again.

Like Marcell Béli likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events