Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you show customers their referenced Insight object(s) on the service portal? Not in a field.

Jordan Nimlos February 18, 2021

I'm totally new to Insight.  Is there a way for customers on the service desk/management portal to view assets assigned to them?  When logged in as a licensed Jira user, I can look up my test customer account and view the "public profile" associated with it, as in the screenshot below, which shows a computer that references my user.

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 12.09.37 PM.png

When logged in as that customer account, with no application access (portal-only), I also can click to view my user profile, but it does not show my Insight asset(s):

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 12.17.07 PM.png

Is there a way to show customers any (or limited/filtered) objects associated with their user account, in the customer portal?  I know you can make them visible in fields when they are submitting a request, which I would consider a minimum requirement, but it would be great if there is also a way for them to see their assigned assets, similar to how they can view requests where they are a customer.

For a while I was planning to do it by creating an "IT assets" project in Jira, similar to the example described here: http://atlassian.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/assetebook.pdf, which would allow me to show customer assets in their requests view.  Now that Insight is included in JSD/JSM Data Center, I'm wondering if I'd be better off using something like Insight which is built for asset management and integration with Jira, but there are some things like this question that make me prefer to just use Jira and represent assets as issues.  Thoughts?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marc Dacanay
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2021

Hi Jordan,

Thanks so much for your question.

Unfortunately, this behaviour is currently not supported. Should you wish to request this feature, please file a feature request.

Thank you,

Marc
Jira Service Management

ps. if this answer is correct, please select the ‘accept answer’ button

Tobias H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2022

@Marc DacanaySeeing as it's been a year. Is there any progress? We would want to show our employees their asset info as well, so they can view the lease time for their devices.

Mark Begisev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 12, 2022

@Marc Dacanay Is there any update ? 

Like Mark de Bont likes this
Bernd Anderer December 28, 2022

Any update?

0 votes
Marion Hederer May 20, 2021

I'm pretty interested in such a feature, too. We would be very happy if we could offer our customers an overview about their assets in a "self service style". Please let me know if there already exists a feature request! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events