Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you help me trying to find the problem of my query?

Natalia Mojica January 12, 2024

Heyyy, Im using a query for filter the tickets that their status have not change for the last week, but this rule applyied to a ticket that was created less than a day, so I want to understand what is the problem with my query.

Query: issuetype = Story AND sprint in openSprints () AND status = "Needs More Info" AND NOT status changed after -1w

The problem is with the ticket 2142 (which was created yesterday)

Captura de pantalla 2024-01-12 a la(s) 9.27.18 a. m..png

2 answers

1 vote
Carla Ann Rowland
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2024

Hi, I am not near my JIRA to proof this--- but your filter need refinement of order of operations. Here is the link: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/assets/assets-rest-api-guide/workflow/

First you need to define the initial search criteria all stories and open sprints by encasing in (); then jira will take those results and apply next criteria -- and not status changed after -1w

I have used this type of filter in the past and it is a bit tricky but works great: 

issuetype = (Story AND sprint in openSprints () AND status = "Needs More Info") AND NOT status changed after -1w

--- 

I will proof this and if I need to update this proposed solution

----- Jan. 14

updated filter: 

Option 1 would have to edit dates:

project = <insert name of project> AND Status changed DURING ("2024/01/07", "2024/01/12")

Option 2 using strict calendar date previous 7 calendar days

project = <insert name of project>  AND Status was not in (Resolved) BEFORE startofday(-7)

Marc - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2024

Hi @Carla Ann Rowland 

This also works, but with one adjustment to your JQL, open bracket misplaced ( before Story.

issuetype = Story AND (sprint in openSprints () AND status = "Needs More Info") AND NOT status changed after -1w

But in my instance, changed the status off course, I get the same amount of issues.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Marc - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2024

Hi @Natalia Mojica 

I tested this as well and I can't see a fault in your filter.

Has the issue been "moved" from another project, that could be a reason, as the old key will be still in the system?

Users with the old link to the issue will be redirect to the moved issue.

Natalia Mojica January 15, 2024

No the issue ws created from this board, but not sure why is not working

Marc - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2024

Hi @Natalia Mojica 

I tried all other ways, but the outcome I have is still the same. All is correct.

There is something with this issue, you JQL is fine.

You could raise a request at Atlassian, to see if there is information in the backend DB on this (as they can see this), or in logging accessed by Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events