cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you edit a field on a form on an issue that isn't linked to a Jira field

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2024

Hi there,

I have a form added to an issue and there are some calculations done on the issue and the result I need to show on a form.

I have tried this

{
    "fields": {
        "{{issue.properties."proforma.forms.i2".state.answers.8.text}}" : "{{the smart value here}}"
    }
}

Just wondering if this is even possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Vijay Dadi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2024

@Ste404 ,

If the field on form is not linked to a jira field, that field can't accessed/edited not even via smart values. Thats unfortunate.

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2024

the thing is I can though when the form is created.  I can take the value (number) and use it in a calculation with a field from Assets to come up with a total value (subtotal) which I store as a variable.

I just wanted to use another form on the issue that I can see all the issue.properties for and update said values with the smart value.

It's just weird you can retrieve them and use them in some ways, but then you can't update them even though they are there.

Here they are, but unaccesible to update

"9": {
                    "text": "",
                    "choices": [
                        "95b38ef3-acbf-461e-990d-6f04507570a0:980"
                    ]
                },
                "5": {
                    "text": ""
                },
                "6": {
                    "text": ""
                },
:/
Vijay Dadi
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 17, 2024

correct, as I said earlier, if the field is on form is not linked to JIRA field, you can't edit its value even using automations.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events