cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you check two criteria for SLA in JSM

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2022

Hi there,

Looking at SLA I was testing a first agent response.  I can see you can stop the SLA when an issue moved from unassigned to assigned.  You can stop the SLA when an issue moves into certain status.

Is there a way to combine the two, stop the SLA counter when the issue is assigned AND is moved to In Progress?

Trying to avoid the SLA stopping if an issue is just moved to in progress but there is no-one assigned.

3 answers

1 vote
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2022

Hi @Ste404 Joseph and Brant are correct in that you can add multiple conditions for pausing/finishing an SLA. BUT as you've discovered those conditions are evaluated as OR not AND. So the SLA count will stop when the issue is assigned OR it will stop when the issue transitions to in progress.

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2022

Thanks for confirming what I thought, frustrating you can't use JQL or the like as a condition to build a specific AND scenario.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2022

@Ste404 

What @Joseph Chung Yin provided is correct.  The conditions are all in the same place.  You can create your custom rule for start, pause or finish.  

Screenshot 2022-09-07 225521.jpg

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2022

Assignee: Set and  Status: In Progress are not options like that.

In 'Finish Counting' they are worded differently and then act individually.

For finish I had "Assignee: From Unassigned" and also had "Entered Status: In Progress"

That meant I could do either one.. it stopped if the status went to In Progress but was unassigned.

I can't see the same settings in Pause and Finish.

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2022

@Ste404 

You can create your custom SLA rule and associate multiple conditions for Stop SLA counting (see image below)

2022-09-07_22-23-05.png

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2022

That is pausing the SLA, I don't see them in the finish SLA.  If it is just paused that means when it moves out of In Progress it would start counting again?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2022

@Ste404 -

You can add other conditions for Start/Pause/Finish events

2022-09-08_8-02-34.png

I would recommend you to test it out.  

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL