Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you assign the issue key to the label value of a linked issue in a procurement project

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2022

Hi all,

I have an automation that creates a linked issue in a procurement project.

What I would like to do is have the issue.key from the parent issue updated into the label of the linked issue.  This way I can display it on the board as it allows for the displaying of Labels.

I thought in the create issue step in the automation I could set labels to be issue.key but I get this error;

"Unknown fields set during create, they may be unavailable for the project/type. Check your custom field configuration. Fields ignored -
Labels (labels)"
But it allows me to select Labels as the field to edit in the create issue step.
Am I missing doing something with this or a better place to put the issue key from the parent issue to display on the card.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2022

Hello @Ste404

Thank you for reaching out.

I'm not sure if I totally understood your automation logic, but you can use the smart value {{issue.parent.key}} to properly copy the parent key to the labels field of a child/linked issue:

Screen Shot 2022-08-26 at 11.37.30 AM.png

Can you confirm if that works for you?

You can check the documentation below for more details about smart values:

Smart values in Jira automation 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2022

Thanks for the reply, I was leaving out '.parent.' and now it works fine.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events