Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you add external users (customers) to user Groups in Jira, to add to Filter Subscriptions

Angie Thompson April 25, 2023

We have recently migrated from ServiceNow to Jira. In ServiceNow, we had daily/weekly/monthly reports set up for our customers for ticket and request stats. I am trying to create something similar in Jira. I have set up the Filters, but I cannot seem to add the customers to user groups to add to the Subscription, I can only add internal Jira users. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2023

@Angie Thompson -

I also agreed of what @Trudy Claspill stated.  Only licensed users can be included in groups for filter subscriptions.

For now JSM customers will need to just access the portal UI.  

Here is a possible add-on that you can review - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1217341/charts-and-reports-for-jira-service-management?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Hope this also helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

@Angie Thompson -

If you also find my suggestion helped you.  Please remember to click on Accept answer when you have a chance, so others with similar question will see this posting as an answered question based on Trudy and my suggesetions.

Best, Joseph

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2023

Hello @Angie Thompson 

At this time only licensed Users (not Customers) can be added to the user groups and made recipients of filter subscriptions.

I don't work a lot with Service Management, but my impression is that there is not a lot of built in reporting options for sharing data with customers. You may need to look at third party apps to fulfill your needs.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=jira-service-management&query=customer%20reports

Angie Thompson April 27, 2023

Thank you 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

Hello Angie,

If you question was adequately answered by my response, please consider marking the Answer as Accepted to help other users find posts that include validated answers.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

I agreed with Trudy's follow-up statement.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events