Can you add core attributes to users in Jira to ideally capture from Azure AD

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2022

Hi there,

I know there is no way to sync directly from Azure AD to Insight but is there a way, an app or something that allows you to store extra attributes against users in Jira.  i.e. their seating location and then have that map from AD, Department or role or production fields that can then be sync'd over from AD also and then displayed against the customer in the agents view.

Just finding there is always information needed for customers (mainly based around locations where there are specific fields to capture) that has agents having to keep going out to another system to get that information.

Is this possible, has anyone come up with a solution to get attributes from Azure AD into Jira as part of a regular sync.

Thanks,

1 answer

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2022

@Ste404 -

In Atlassian Cloud, you will need Atlassian Access to support one's own IDP for user management.  Where it can sysn with Azure AD example.  I believe you can then configure it to capture more attributes from Azure AD for user account into Jira/JSM.

However, please reach out to Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) to confirm on the attribute element setup.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2022

Thanks for the info, I looked at that also but it seems there are open feature requests to be able to bring over more attributes with Access

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ACCESS-822  for example.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events