Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we have additional fields in JSON payload which are not in create screen to create ticket?

Sowrabi.N
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 22, 2022

Currently, if I give additional field in JSON payload which is not present in create field, I am getting the following error in Postman:

"customfield_10436": "Field 'customfield_10436' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."

Is there any possibility to have additional fields(not in the screen) in the payload without errors?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Frederic Chartrand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2022

@Sowrabi.N 

Unfortunately no. Here's a reference link from Atlassian : 

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/advanced-field-editing-using-json/ 

The section 

Why is my field not editable?

specify that your field must be on your screen to be editable.

I know that Atlassian is working on a way to add fields to a Request type even if they're not on the create screen (this is an early features I'm testing). This means that every fields are available and when you add one to a request type form, the field is added automatically to the "Create" screen. So maybe what you want to achieve could be possible in the future, but not now.

Hope this helps

Have a nice day

Frederic Chartrand

FMX Solutions - Gold Solution Partner

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events