Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can we forward and/or reply without copying everyone?

Edited

Is there a way to forward the Jira ticket via email that will include the email thread and attachments to a participant without including the reporter?

Sometimes I need to send the information to another participant, but the reporter does not need to see our conversation until I am ready to respond back.

When I forward the information to a participant, it does not include the entire thread or the attachment. 

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @Jenny Dumler,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

On Jira Service Management tickets there are no options to forward a ticket, but if someone is added as a request participant, they can access the ticket via the customer portal and see all the comments and attachments, but of course, if a comment is added, the reporter will also receive a notification.

In this case, it would be necessary to use an add-on and I see that the Email this issue is already installed on your site.

Another option is the Enterprise Mail Handler for Jira.

Natively, there are no functions that would forward a ticket to someone via email, the options are adding them as Request participants.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

722 views 5 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you