Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we automate moving of Jira tickets from one state to another?

yosser_mahfoudh October 5, 2023

Can Jira Automation rules be used to move a Jira Ticket from Done status to Deployed status after getting a successful build from Bitbucket?

How this happen, how did Bitbucket trigger Jira ticket from one status to another according to the code that is released? 

1 answer

5 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2023

@yosser_mahfoudh -

Yes you can.  Here are two options -

Automation Rule -  Using the DevOps section's triggering event to change issue's WF status

2023-10-05_9-41-49.png

WF customization - Create custom trigger for the transition to automated the status transitions.  Please refer the the following link - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-workflow-triggers/

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

yosser_mahfoudh October 6, 2023

hello,

Thank you for responding to me.

my question is how can bitbucket knows the jira ticket that are related to the code added in the new release ?

yosser_mahfoudh October 6, 2023

Is there any template looks like my request you can share with me?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2023

@yosser_mahfoudh -

Please take a look on bitbucket/Jira integration - https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/bitbucket-integration

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events