Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we add a specific Sprint to Automation

Christopher Rampola November 19, 2021

I'm creating an Automation to assign new ticket to a specific Sprint (Claims detects for cosiderati) but that option is not available - can this be done?

EDMS Active Sprint.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2021

Hi @Christopher Rampola 

You can do that by using JA as well as a bit of REST api to get the value of your sprint.

First of all you have to acquire the id of your sprint "Claims detects for cosiderati". To do that you have first to get the id of your board. This is located on the address bar of your browser:

boardsprint.png

In the above example the sprint board id is 14.

Next, you have to get the id of your sprint. To do that use the REST api as follows:

https://XXXXXX.atlassian.net/rest/agile/1.0/board/XX/sprint

Replace the XXXXX with your instance and the XX with your board id. Enter that on a new tab on your browser. On the payload that you'll get, locate the name of your sprint and get its id

Finally, go to your rule and when you will try to edit your issue, do not use the predefined fields to edit the sprint. Instead go to the  "More Option" and enter the JSON text as you see it below. Replace of course the number 12 with the id you found from your rest api call.

sprintrule.png

Tested it on my instance and works like a charm. 
Let me know if that did the trick!

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2021

@Christopher Rampola You do the following to get the sprint id:

Next, you have to get the id of your sprint. To do that use the REST api as follows:

https://XXXXXX.atlassian.net/rest/agile/1.0/board/XX/sprint

Replace the XXXXX with your instance and the XX with your board id. Enter that on a new tab on your browser. On the payload that you'll get, locate the name of your sprint and get its id

Christopher Rampola November 24, 2021

I was able to get the id and automation is working!

Thank you!
Chris Rampola

Marc Isikoff September 27, 2022

There should be a way to figure out the Sprint # from the name if given in a form and using Automation.

The solution as depicted is not automation, but stop/start using a URL etc offline.

We have Sprint in CustomField_10100 as most do. This gives an operator a form and they pick by name given.

In automation, I cannot use this to assign to a story since it's a name, not an ID and I need a numeric so still searching for something like CustomField_10100.value vs CustomField_10100.ID

farah.al-joubory December 1, 2022

Hi, thank you for this I managed to get the sprint number, however it is only showing closed sprints and not anything that is currently on the board. Also if a new sprint is started next month is there a way to assign this recurring ticket to the same sprint name every time. Rather than the number.

Ewa Ficek June 9, 2023

Hi, I have a similar issue. Only closed sprints pop up as a resultof the API Request. 

I have several inactive sprints on the board and am looking for a specific one but no success so far. Can anyone help? 

0 votes
Christopher Rampola November 23, 2021

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ ,

Thank you so much for your reply!

I'm new with Jira/Atlassian and still learning. How do I get the sprint name & id from REST api?

I got the instance name and board id.

Thank you in advance!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events