Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we add a 3rd party to our account?

Heather
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 30, 2023

Is there a feature to where we can add a 3rd party to view our account? However, we only want them to see what we assign them to them as a vendor?

2 answers

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2023

@Heather -

Welcome to the community.  In JSM, you can restrict access to your JSM project(s) by change the Customer permissions configuration from your project's Project settings (see image below)

2023-03-30_21-49-47.png

I am assuming this what you are asking for.  To restrict issue access further, then what Eugenio suggested is correct where implementing issue security configuration.  It means that one may have access to the project, but he/she will only be able to access the specific issues (tagged with the security level), if and only if, they are called out in the issue security level configuation setup.

Hope this is what you are asking for and helps you.  If not, please provide more details on your ask, so we can assist you further.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Eugenio Onofre
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2023

Hi @Heather

Welcome to the atlassian community. As you are using standard plan, I assume you are not using SSO for login.

So whatever person you add to the User Management section can have access to your Jira Instance.

In order to restrict which tickets can be seen by the person or role, you can use the Issue Security Schemes configuration: 
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-security-schemes/

Regards,
Eugenio

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events