Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we Invite External users to our projects without creating a JIRA account for them?

Ashim timlsina April 17, 2024

I need 2-3 features for the JIRA Service management account I want to invite external users, maybe clients or stakeholders, to raise issue tickets and keep track of the tickets as well.

I want the customization feature so that the client or external users don't need any Jira account to sign in or add a Jira account to our organisation.

I hope to get assist from my community as well.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ashim timlsina April 18, 2024

What after that, please, can you expalin Brifely?

If someone had already an account in Jira but we had a requirement that the stakeholder must be in JIRA but we don't want to create a separate account for him Due to pricing?

Any assist for it sir?

@Valerie Knapp 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Hi @Ashim timlsina , welcome to the Atlassian Community and thanks for your question.

It is possible, yes, a configuration of Jira Service Management where your portal is rendered 'open', in the sense that people don't need to create users or log in to create tickets.

However! as many of my fellow community leaders would also want to highlight to you, having a service desk portal that is open to the whole internet would mean that you are opening yourself up to some risks, such as getting spammed by bots or just random people on the internet. So, it is possible, but please consider this risk.

In the Jira settings, under Products, Jira Service Management and Customer access, you can set the portal in such a way to make it publicly accessible without asking people to create an account -

image.png

It's up to you, but please do consider the risks.

Cheers

Thanks for your response, @Valerie Knapp but i'm not able to visiable the UI that you are viewing. Please guide me in that context ? 

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 15.20.51.png

And we are planning to switch in JIRA so It's for testing so I'm learning How to make a Best pratices in JIRA. 

@Valerie Knapp  And thanks for the people like you who are guiding us to JIRA 

Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Hi @Ashim timlsina , the screen I shared is in the System settings, so the cog for the whole of Jira in the upper right of the screen you shared. 

image.png

Then from Products, you should find the settings to open up the portal access.

Cheers

Sir ,

Can you please elaboutrae a little more ?

Have you understood my questions, sir?

Sinceraly,

Asim Upadhyay

And what should be updated in Product sections please can you assist me?

Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2024

Hi @Ashim timlsina , you need to go to Settings, Products, then here

image.png

Cheers

Like Laurie Sciutti likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin