Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't restrict access to object schemas.

Jesse Aaron Nichols January 19, 2022

Hi. 

I have created an Object Schema which will be used for HR/asset management for my company. Due to the sensitive nature of some of the information stored in these assets, i wish to restrict access to this schema to the HR group only. 

I have created a HR group and granted permission to all products. I have also configured the object schema roles to all only be accessible by this group. 

All Jira users are still able to access and view the data in the object schema.

How do i troubleshoot/resolve this issue? 

Thanks in advance! 

2 answers

0 votes
Franklin March 14, 2024

We have the same issue. I've searched everywhere and can't find an answer, so I opened a support ticket with Atlassian.

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2022

Hi @Jesse Aaron Nichols 

Here's a reference on how we can manage permissions to object schema with either roles or groups

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-are-roles

Let me if the documentation helps

Thanks,

Pramodh

Jesse Aaron Nichols January 26, 2022

Thank you Pramodh, 

Just to clarify, does this mean that all Jira "users" will be able to view all insights and Objects and there is no way to hide certain objects from some users view?

Rgds, 
Jesse

Josh Hughes July 6, 2022

Giving this a bump - we have configured roles to allow only one user to an object shema, however other users can still access? Have you experienced this before @Pramodh M ?

Franklin March 14, 2024

Pramodh, your link does not address how to restrict viewing schemas.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events