Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find Domain settings in Jira Administration page.

Elizabeth Kirkland June 17, 2021

I cannot locate the Domain option in Admin settings. 

I am trying to link our domain to Jira so that our Jira Service management help desk can send emails from our domain email account. Unfortunately, I can't find the setting domain setting mentioned in these instructions (https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/verify-a-domain-to-manage-accounts/)

Has someone been able to connect their domain to Jira Service management on the cloud? Could you provide insight on where I can find these settings. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2021

Hello @Elizabeth Kirkland,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

In order to verify a domain, it’s necessary to be an Org administrator, and checking the details of your site, I can see that you are a site admin but not an org admin, that’s why you don’t see the option to verify the domain.

Please, reach out to your teammate that is an Org admin, so they can verify the domain or add you as an Org admin for you to do this. 

To find out who is the org admin, go to Cog icon > User management and you will see a tag next to their name.

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 15.26.40.png

Then, this person must go to Settings > Administrators > Add administrator.

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 15.28.22.png

After that, you can follow the steps of the documentation you mentioned to verify the domain and once it’s verified, follow the steps of the one below in order to use a custom domain to send notifications on a Service Management project:

Kind regards,
Angélica

Elizabeth Kirkland June 21, 2021

Thank you! I will try with my new org permissions. 

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events