Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit the issue after being jira project admin

Amanpreet Singh April 18, 2021

Hi there

me and my coligue are ad,mins for jira service project and he is not able to edit the issue which he created. I am able to edit as i am also the admin for the project but he is not able to edit even after being project admin and issue reporter. 
Is there any way to figure this out?

He is not able to change the priority and and under open drop down on right i can see start progress, resolve issue and close issue but in his case he can only see he only can see (You don't have permissions to transition this issue) which is very wiered- see second image for this issue)shot.pngshot.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2021

Hi @Amanpreet Singh,

To transition a ticket in Jira Service Management, one has to be a Service Desk Agent. This means having product access to JSM. Most likely, this is not the case for your colleague.

Check this in User Management and grant access to Jira Service Management - if this is not the case. 

Amanpreet Singh April 19, 2021

Thanks @Walter Buggenhout 

From where i can see the user management?

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2021

Hi @Amanpreet Singh,

You must be a site administrator for that. But if you are, in your site administration. From the cog icon in the top right corner of your screen, select User Management under Atlassian Admin:

Screenshot 2021-04-20 at 08.53.44.png 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events