Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add specific fields to the "create issue" screen

Manuel Rodrigues April 19, 2023

Hello,

I've looked at other tickets here trying to find guidance but ultimately I'm still not able to add specific fields to the "create issue" screen.

Can you please layout the steps I need to cover ?

1 answer

1 vote
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

Hi @Manuel Rodrigues 

Is the problem that you have added fields to the screen but they are not appearing, or that you are searching for fields to add within the screen config but they're not available? Or is just the whole setup of Screens > Screen Schemes > Issue Type Screen Schemes that you're unsure of?

If you have added a field to your create screen but it is not appearing, try clicking on Create > click on the 3 dots at the top right of the Create Issue pop-up > Show fields. Is your field on this, but maybe it is unticked?

You can also click on Create > click on the 3 dots at the top right of the Create Issue pop-up > Find your fields > search for the field you think you're missing, which will then give you some clues about why you might be unable to see your field.

Manuel Rodrigues April 20, 2023

This:

Or is just the whole setup of Screens > Screen Schemes > Issue Type Screen Schemes that you're unsure of?

Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2023

@Manuel Rodrigues Sure thing. So for a company-managed project, the structure of the screens goes:

Screens > Screen Schemes > Issue Type Screen Schemes > Project

Screens:

The screens are where you add your list of fields. You can have up to 3 separate screens for an issue type in a project, one for create, view and edit.

Screen Schemes:

These are where you map the screen to your create, view and/or edit issue operations. So you will need to create an screen scheme and map your screen(s) to it, even if you just want one screen for all 3 issue operations.

Issue Type Screen Schemes:

This is where you map your screen schemes to a particular issue type (you can map a screen scheme to multiple different issue types if they share the same screens). An issue type can only be mapped to one screen scheme.

You will then need to map your issue type screen scheme to the project that you want to implement it to. You can only have one issue type screen scheme per project.

I hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events