Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access Insight Button in Top Navigation after Upgrade to Jira Service Management 5.3.0

Florian Rindberger November 24, 2022

Hello together,

a few years ago we've started using jira in a small version only for it-ticketing purposes.

Now we would like to use additionally the built in Asset Management (Insight).

The problem is, that i can't neither find the plugin anywhere nor the button in the top navigation.

It seems that something wen't wrong during our upgrade.

Currently we are using Jira 9.3.0 with jira service management 5.3.0.

thank you very much for your help.

kind regards

Florian

1 answer

0 votes
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2022

Hello @Florian Rindberger 

Assets (fka Insight) is bundled with Jira Service Management Data Center since 4.15.  If you're still on Server, you won't see it.

Florian Rindberger November 24, 2022

but isn't there a possibility to use it? because I've upgraded to Service Management 5.3.0.
How can i enable it?

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2022

A little history:

Insight was originally an Atlassian Marketplace app created by Mindville.  You could purchase the license and use Insight on Jira Server.

Atlassian acquired Mindville and bundled Insight on JSM Cloud Premium and JSM Data Center starting at 4.15.  They allowed legacy users to keep using Insight on Jira Server if they purchased it as a Marketplace app until Server goes away in Feb. 2024.

So, the only way you can use it on Server is to find the old Marketplace app and have a legacy license.

Florian Rindberger November 25, 2022

and if i would now install a new Jira Service Management instance on prem on a new system. Would i be able to use Insight or not?

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 25, 2022

Access to Insight/Assets depends on the type of license you add to your new or existing JSM installations.  If you add a Data Center license, you get to use Insight.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events