Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone send an email and it generates a request / task?

Phoebe Long May 9, 2023

I am setting up JIRA within my team at work - I was wondering if there was a way for someone to send an email and it goes into an inbox or request tab? 

2 answers

0 votes
Phoebe Long May 9, 2023

Thanks for this Brant - however, I'm more after an internal system. This is mainly a task that someone from another division needs to action. I read through the link above and it mentions an Atlassian email address that we can use but I can't find mine. Where would I find this? 

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

@Phoebe Long Welcome to the Atlassian community

Jira Service Management allows customers to send email to the service desk and those emails are turned in the a request.  You can learn more about setting it up here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/receive-requests-from-an-email-address/ 

Phoebe Long May 9, 2023

It says "Your service project comes with a pre-configured cloud email address that you can send to customers to start using right away. You can also add one custom email address to link to an existing account (for example, the email address your team uses for incoming requests)."

- there are no instructions and its very unclear. Where do I find this email address? 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2023

@Phoebe Long On the page linked above there are many sub-articles that provide information on how to set up an email address, request types associated with the email address, etc.  If you would like to know the address setup by default you will find it in the channels section in the left-hand navigation in the service desk.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events