Can someone outside a project fill in a form?

Deleted user June 6, 2021

I would like to use the form in my business project to let people internally and externally request bookings for training or demos by creating a ticket. When I send the form to someone other than a Jira user on our Company-wise Atlassian account, it sends a request to add them to the project. Can I change the permissions so that people outside can fill it out?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2021

Hello @[deleted],

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The Forms on a Jira Work Management project are available only for users with a Jira license and permission on the project. With this said, if you type an email address of someone that is not a user, they will be invited to the project.

For more information, please check the documentation below:

Who can see my project’s forms?

Forms are meant to be used within your organization, so people without access to Jira won’t be able to view them or submit anything.

For a user to be able to view and submit a form, they must have access to your Jira Work Management project and have the create issue permission in your project. Learn more about managing project permissions.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Deleted user June 8, 2021

Thanks so much! Was there any plans to have short forms that can be filled out by end users without having to bring them into project?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2021

Hi Ashley,

I’m afraid not. For tickets to be created in the project, the user must have a Jira license and be added to the project. 

The only product that allows people outside of the organization or users of other products to create tickets is Jira Service Management. JSM has a customer portal where customers and users can access and create tickets:

Deleted user June 9, 2021

No worries, Thank you!

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Lyko Renomeron September 15, 2022

Please verify my goolge account

Please verify my account

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD