Can some will help me out how to remove the Status "All subtasks are not Ready for Approval"

Sreenadh January 17, 2023

Hi,

Can some will help me out how to remove the Status "All subtasks are not Ready for Approval"

Please find the below screenshot.

1.PNG

where can i check this extra status i want to remove this one from the form.

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2023

The field you have highlighted is not a status.  The status is "under review".

It is the resolution of the issue, set when "this issue needs no further attention".  You should only ever resolve an issue when it is going into a "closed" status.

Your screenshot is of what I call a "quantum issue" - it is both open and closed at the same time.  Jira can't report accurately on these because they are in two states simultaneously.

An inexperienced admin has made a right mess of your system from what I can tell.  This is not the first time you have asked about resolutions that should not be there.

Your admins need to

• Go through all your screens, looking for "Resolution" and remove it from any screen that is an edit or create screen.  It should only ever be placed on transition screens.
  • Go through all your workflows to make sure that 
    • Resolution is set by a post function when moving into a closed status
    • Resolution is on the transition screen when moving into a closed status (note - if you're going to use a screen to ask the users, do not use a post-function as well)
    • Resolution is cleared when transitioning into an open status from a closed one
  • Go into the list of resolutions and change all the broken ones like the one you have got here to be named "do not use me"
  • Identify all the issues using a broken resolution and clear it - not set it to something, but clear it so that the field has no value.  This could be a mammoth task for which you should be looking to tools to script or automate it
0 votes
Mahesh Shinde
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2023

Hi @Sreenadh :

if this is field you are using then you have to check in the Create, edit and View screens for that particular issue type in project settings.

Please, refer this document: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-screens/

Regards,

Mahesh Shinde

0 votes
Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2023

Hi @Sreenadh 

If it is done via the Field Configuration Scheme - to remove this you'll need to be a Site Admin and then follow the below steps:

• Select the Jira Settings cog icon (on navigation bar in top-right)
  • Select Issues
  • Go to Field Configurations Schemes
  • Locate the Scheme in use for this project and select it
  • Locate the Field Configuration in use for this issue type and press Configure
  • Locate this field and press Edit
  • Remove the Description and update

Please note that this will remove the text for all issues / projects using that Field Configuration.

If this doesn't work - then it could be the default description as part of the Custom Field. To remove it from there:

• On Issues in the Admin Settings, select Custom Fields
  • Search for the field and under the cog options, press Edit
  • Remove the Description and update

Please note that would remove the Description for any issue / project using this description.

Regards,
Sushant Verma

Sreenadh January 17, 2023

Hi @Sushant Verma 

Sorry it is not working please let me know if there are any possible ways for the same.

Thanks,

Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2023

Hi @Sreenadh 

Please follow below once. Hope it will work :

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-screens/

Regards,
Sushant Verma

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2023

I'm afraid this is a "red herring" - this has nothing to do with field configurations.

Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2023

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Yes Nic my bad, that is why I have provided above article. Might be that will help him out.

Regards,
Sushant Verma

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2023

I'm sorry, but that article is a red-herring too - it's not screens either.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events