cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can some one will help on how to assign a ticket to the Group

Sreenadh November 7, 2022

Hi,

Can some one will help on how to assign a ticket to the group

I have 3 groups called Service desk, support team, Technical Team.

workflow will go one step after other if the ticket is assigned to Support team then Support team has the access to that ticket.

If it will assign to Service desk team then Service desk people has the access to edit the fields

If the ticket is assign to the technical team then technical team only has the access to that Request.

I have developed a workflow for the same but i want to restrict it for individual groups.

At any point in time Development team has the access for the ticket through out the workflow.

Thanks,

1.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Muhammad Moazzam Hassan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2022

Hey,

The assignee is the single-user field, you cannot add groups. I have solutions.

1: You have to add the new custom field ( Single-Group Picker) on behalf of that you can apply restrictions. 

2: You can add the 2 conditions at the same time, 1: Only assigne can do this transition and user must be in a certain group.

Hi @Muhammad Moazzam Hassan 

Thanks for your response.

Please find the attached screenshots i have given the same post function but i am not sure and how to restrict some of the other teams except this group.

Thanks,2.PNG

Can you check and help me out on the same request.

I have given all the conditions which are there in your response.

Can you please check and let me know if there are any changes are required.

Thanks

3.PNG4.PNG

Muhammad Moazzam Hassan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2022

From here you can restrict the other groups to make any transition but they can comment or edit the issue.

Can you please let me know how to do the same.

Thanks,

Muhammad Moazzam Hassan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2022

@Sreenadh 

I have a very simple Solution.

Step 1: Make condition on all the outgoing transitions from Service Desk team that only user in a group can make this transition and select service desk group. Do it for all statuses in Techinal Team select Techincal Group.

Step 2: Use Properties on status service desk teak e.g jira.permission.comment.group -> value = Group name, so only group can comment on the current status.

FYR

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-workflow-properties/

0 votes
Aleksandra Bosacka _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 7, 2022

Hi @Sreenadh 

It's Aleksandra from Deviniti and I wanted to share an alternative solution that could also help with your requirement.

If you need to automatically assign Jira tickets to a defined group of users, I believe you would find our Issue Assignment Rules app useful. It allows the administrator to set up a rule, which will automatically assign users to tickets at a specific workflow step. Such rules work based on JQL, which may also help you narrow down the stage at which a member of a group should be assigned to a ticket.

The above should handle the automatic assignment part. And still, you could restrict who is able to access a particular ticket with a workflow condition as @Muhammad Moazzam Hassan suggested 😉

For more details about the Issue Assignment Rules capabilities, I encourage you to see our online documentation (available here).

Best regards,
Aleksandra

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events