Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can some one will help me out with the How to create Dependent fields relationship in Jira

Sreenadh September 29, 2022

Hi,

Can some one will help me out with the How to create Dependent fields relationship in Jira.

I am having a fields called:

1. System: Sys1,Sys2,Sys3-------

If i select Sys1 then below package name would be display which is mentioned below

2. Package name: Sys1P1, Sys2P2, Sys3P3-----

If i select Sys1P1

3. Function name: Sys1P1F1, Sys1P1F2, Sys1P3F3------

Ex: like Country State and City relationship

Please help me out with the possible ways and how to achieve the same in Jira Service Management(JSM)

Thanks,

2 answers

0 votes
Aleksandra Bosacka _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 3, 2022

Hi @Sreenadh 

It's Aleksandra from Deviniti, the vendor of the Extension for JSM app, and I will be happy to share more context.

In short, with Dynamic forms you can turn Jira Service Management requests to act dynamically, and configure request types that contain fields that are dynamically displayed in response to user inputAfter reading your post further, I believe the app will solve your requirement if it comes to more than two levels of dependencies. However, it would be then necessary to separate custom fields and have a different package custom field for each system.

For more details about possible relations, I encourage you to see this article in our online documentation about defining conditions and validators to configure fields as mandatory  Hopefully, you will find the app beneficial!

In case of any additional questions about the above feature, feel free to contact our support team or reply in the thread below. I will be happy to provide further guidance :)

Cheers,
Aleksandra

0 votes
Lisa Förstberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2022

Hi!

Are you open for moving from Standard to Premium plan?

In premium you can handle and use asset data in your Jira issues. That means storing your Systems, Packages and Functions in a CMDB and connect relations between these assets. They can then be used in three asset-custom fields: Systems, Packages and Functions and based upon the selection of the System you can get a filtered list in Packages and so on.

This will also make your life easier managing those assets and you can assign loads of more attributes around those assets. 

Read more here on how to get going: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/get-started-with-insight-in-jira-service-management/

If you are staying on standard plan

• the OOTB solution is to use a cascading select list. This however only offers two levels, not three as you need.
  • Extending your cloud site with the Extension for Jira service management app will also bring capabilities like dynamic forms.

Hope it helps! 

br

Lisa

Sreenadh September 30, 2022

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Currently i am using Standard version could you please help me out how to perform 2 levels.

Could please let me know how to configure the same please find the attached screenshots for your reference.

If i select Shopify under Detected In System then Shopify1,shopify2---- will display

if i select AWS then under Detected In System Aws1, Aws2, Aws3----will display

Thanks,

Please find the attached screenshots for your reference.

Lisa Förstberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2022

Hi!

• Go to Cog > Issues > Custom fields. 
  • Choose Create custom fields
  • Look for the Select list cascading > choose that and give it a name
  • Add it to the projects screens
  • Go back to the custom field > choose Context and default values under the three dots
  • Define some options in parent and child list
  • Then apply those fields to the appropriate request type on the portal.

See also 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/adding-custom-fields-1047552713.html

Hi,

Yes, but i am not able to see the Select list Cascading option under the custom fields.

Thanks,

Lisa Förstberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2022

Hi,

No field called select list (cascading) here:

Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 18.55.39.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS