Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can pictures be added to custom fields so they show up for any ticket that sees that custom field?

John Vitone June 2, 2023

I'm trying to add a picture to a custom field or screen so that way, whenever any ticket is on the screen with the custom field with the picture, the picture will show up as a reference. 

2 answers

2 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2023

@John Vitone -

Welcome to the Community.  In addition to what @Fabian Lim stated, have to try to create a custom field (multi-line text format) and added to your JSM project.  For your JSM project field configuration scheme, you need to change the field to use "Wiki Style Renderer".  This type of setup, it will allow you to insert image(s) in the field.

2023-06-02_20-13-14.png

Example - My custom field is "Environment" using this render

After I inserted an image to the field, this is what is showing in issue view screen of the issue

2023-06-02_20-16-56.png

NOTE - the image(s) added to any of the field (Paragraph data type) using the Wiki Style Render, will also be associated as an attachment to the JSM issue.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

John Vitone June 5, 2023

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin ,

Using the field type "Paragraph (supports rich texts)," I changed the configuration scheme to use "Wiki Style Renderer" but I still can't paste an image to the custom field in the edit screen. Could I be missing something or using the wrong field type?

Thank you for your help,

John

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2023

@John Vitone -

Can you take a screenshot of your specific custom field (Paragraph) via the Edit issue screen?

Best, Joseph

John Vitone June 5, 2023

@Joseph Chung Yin The first screenshot is the edit screen and the second screenshot is the exact field type.

image.pngimage.png

Neil Atkin October 25, 2023

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin / @John Vitone  - im trying to do the same and im not sure how or where i insert the image to the field?

2 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2023

Hi @John Vitone

Welcome to the community!

Out of the box there is no feature for this.  You may want to look into the Atlassian marketplace and see if a vendor provides this functionality as a custom field.

Regards,

Fabian

John Vitone June 5, 2023

Hi @Fabian Lim 

Thank you for the warm welcome, I'll look into the marketplace.

Best,

John

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events