cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not enable store s3 feature

Duc_nm
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 22, 2023

Hi there,

I'm trying to store the attacment to s3 with this guide:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/storing-attachments-in-amazon-s3-1282250191.html

My jirasm now is running on eks cluster on AWS and has 3 pods. I had enabled dark feature com.atlassian.jira.attachments.storage.configurable.enable and store filestore-config.xml in localhome at location /var/atlassian/application-data/jira on each pod. Then restart all pods on the cluster.

This is my filestore-config.xml content

xml.png

But after doing all of these steps, Nothing happened attachment storage has not changed it's still at /var/atlassian/application-data/shared-home/data/attachments instead of the s3 location

I've already checked:

•    -  license 
  •    - Jira version

ls.png

•  - upload success file to s3 from pod using awscli to verify connection and permission is good

s3.png

Please help me check what i'm missing to make this done

2 answers

0 votes
Matt Cochrane
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2023

Hi @Duc_nm,

Here are few things to check/debug further:

• That looks like the right location (local home) but you could validate that there is a db-config.xml in the same directory.
  • Are the permissions correct on filestore-config.xml so that the Jira process can access it?
  • Have you checked you atlassian-jira.log file? Try searching for filestore-config.xml,
    FileStoresConfigHandler, or FileStoreSwitcher in the logs. The logs are fairly informative.
  • Have you made sure to add the filestore-config.xml on all application nodes?
  • Ensure the feature flag was enabled correctly as per these instructions. You have to append .enabled to the feature flag shown. So the full string to be entered is com.atlassian.jira.attachments.storage.configurable.enabled 

If there are any messages in the logs feel free to share them and I should be able to support you further.

0 votes
Duc_nm
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 29, 2023

Can anyone support me? Please!!! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events